Spring is here! In case I wasn’t sure, the birds trying to build a nest in my fireplace and the wasps are buzzing around the top of my patio umbrella – but that’s OK. Small price to pay for the beautiful season that is upon us. Spring makes me thinks of things like cleaning, and of course, real estate!
Spring cleaning is a must if your thinking of putting your home on the market. Here are some tips to get you going:
- Before you even begin cleaning, go through each room and eliminate from closets, shelves, and cabinets any junk or items that can be discarded or donated. Sort items in boxes, or plastic bags as needed. Start in the kitchen first, then proceed to the bathrooms, bedrooms, living room, and dining room in that general order.
- If you’re ready to donate items in the Georgetown area, take them to The Caring Place. They are a wonderful resource for people needing assitance in the Georgetown and Williamson County area.
- Start the cleaning process in the bedrooms. Flip mattresses and wash the bedding.
- Next, clean and/or wax floors, and clean rugs and carpets. Wash the baseboards in each room.
- Vacuum upholstery and drapes, dust furniture and wax if needed. Flip cushions of sofa and any such chairs.
- Thoroughly clean all the bathrooms in the house. Clean out medicine cabinets of products no longer needed. Replace or clean mats and shower curtains.
- Clear out kitchen cabinets, clean and install new shelf paper. Discard any stale food items. Clean the refrigerator. Vacuum base around the refrigerator with crevice attachment of vacuum.
- Clean heating/cooling vents, and change air filters.
- Dust and clean all ceiling fans and light fixtures. Replace bulbs, if needed.
- Wash windows, including screens and storm windows, inside and out.
Now that the house is organized and sparkling, let’s consider staging it for the home buyer. In case you were wondering, staging and decorating are not the same thing. Decorating a home makes it personally yours. A compilation of things you like, that are sentimental and meaningful to you, and pictures are all common things we decorate with. We decorate with our own tastes in mind; some like color, and patterns, and themes such as animal prints, country or contemporary.
Staging is almost the opposite, literally, of decorating. Staging means you are DE-personalizing the home. Neutral colors, traditional pieces of furniture, greenery, and the theme should always be MINIMALIST. Quite honestly, most of us could do away with half of the furnishings and knick knacks in our home and it would not only be more appealing visually, but mentally!
If you are thinking of putting your home on the market, but really don’t know where to start, I’ll be glad to help. I will come and give you an honest assesment of what needs to be done to put your home in the best light for a picky buyer! I even have several items I can bring over to help you stage the home, if you need them. It really does make a difference!
More on staging to come…..stay tuned!
If you’re ready to sell in Berry Creek, Georgetown, TX, Sun City TX, or the surrounding Williamson County area, give me a call. The calander (or temperature) may not say “SPRING” yet, but the real estate market is !Sheri Salley, Realtor, Century 21 512-966-7595 Georgetown TX email@example.com www.mygeorgetowntxhomes.com “Tweet Me!”
If you are interested in the Georgetown, TX real estate market,
or would like to read future posts,
please Subscribe in a reader
“I’m Ready to Move When You Are”